Monday, November 19, 2012

Old, Ugly, dresser - phase 1

Can you think of anything more fun than spending a good part of a day stripping paint and replacing broken parts on a dirty, ugly, old dresser that should be in a dumpster?  Yeah, I can too... like that other day when I was at the dentist.

This guy is on the honey-do list so I figured I would get it out of the way.  It has at least 2 layers of paint, at least one coat of poly, the top is split in two, and the veneer sides are beyond repair.


Drawers after stripping


Fortunately there was no glue on this thing, just nails.  I was able to take it apart quite easily.


Not sure why I spent any time stripping this side.  There was no hope for the veneer.


1 comment:

  1. It's a pretty sweet looking dresser. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete