Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wood Rings

I'm not sure why, but I'm having a really fun time making these wooden rings.  Maybe it's because people sell them on Etsy for $80 bucks a pop, maybe it's cause the finish turned out really good, or maybe it's because Miranda seems to actually like them.  I'm still practicing but I'm happy with how these first few turned out.

They are made by bending wood around some sort of jig, not by drilling a hole in a piece of wood.  On the outside you can't even see the seam.  At this point the inside is bare wood.  I'm still trying to find a method to easily finish the inside.





2 comments:

  1. They would make nice napkin rings. Looks good.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool Chad. . . what is the diameter of the rings. fits on finger or is it a bracelet ??

    Dad

    ReplyDelete