Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sellers Cabinet Finally Done!

About 5 or 6 months ago we picked up a beat down Sellers cabinet on the cheap. Well it was cheap for a reason. One drawer front was busted in half, a door was hanging by one hinge, it was about 13 different colors and was soaked in grease. This thing was well used and some things I just couldn't salvage. I replaced a few things because they were broke, and others because they were just soaked in grease.

Here's what it looked like before:


And after....  The white top on this is porcelain so it's not something I could just paint very easy.  Yes, that green strip is ugly.  I'll figure something out...





Another before picture:


The rest are pictures I took during the rehab.  I estimate that I have about 40 hours in this project.  Most of that time was spent stripping paint.

Here is the drawer front I had to replace.


And this drawer needed everything but the front.  I salvaged the front and built a new drawer.  


Primer


Part way stripped.


This took the most time.  The roll up cabinet has about 15 separate wood pieces.  I couldn't take this apart so I had to scrape in between all of them.  This alone was probably 3 hours of work.


Done.


Small fraction of the stripped paint.


Start of paint.




Start of assembly.



The new hinges I bought had a different offset.  See the gaps on the left side.  Had to fill holes, re-sand, re-paint....


Getting there...








My spray booth took a beating with this project.



2 comments:

  1. do you know what year this cabinet was made. I have one that is just like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are redoing one just like this. Hubby took it apart and now we having trouble getting the bottom cabinet slide out drawer attached so it comes out when door opens. Any advice would be appreciated greatly!

    ReplyDelete