Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sellers Cabinet Finally Done!

About 5 or 6 months ago we picked up a beat down Sellers cabinet on the cheap. Well it was cheap for a reason. One drawer front was busted in half, a door was hanging by one hinge, it was about 13 different colors and was soaked in grease. This thing was well used and some things I just couldn't salvage. I replaced a few things because they were broke, and others because they were just soaked in grease.

Here's what it looked like before:


And after....  The white top on this is porcelain so it's not something I could just paint very easy.  Yes, that green strip is ugly.  I'll figure something out...





Another before picture:


The rest are pictures I took during the rehab.  I estimate that I have about 40 hours in this project.  Most of that time was spent stripping paint.

Here is the drawer front I had to replace.


And this drawer needed everything but the front.  I salvaged the front and built a new drawer.  


Primer


Part way stripped.


This took the most time.  The roll up cabinet has about 15 separate wood pieces.  I couldn't take this apart so I had to scrape in between all of them.  This alone was probably 3 hours of work.


Done.


Small fraction of the stripped paint.


Start of paint.




Start of assembly.



The new hinges I bought had a different offset.  See the gaps on the left side.  Had to fill holes, re-sand, re-paint....


Getting there...








My spray booth took a beating with this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment